The stockpile thread starts with a date and place. The physical exchange is usually done at a restaurant parking lot. People post what they have to trade and how many of each item and what they are looking for. In October we took the autotrain down to Florida because I had a conference to attend. It also coincided with a Tampa stockpile exchange. Therefore, I was able to participate in a stockpile exchange. Trading is done via email before hand so I had individual bags organized and ready with my trading items. There were about 12 people in attendance. We had name tags. The organizer even had a prize drawing of coupons. I loved it. It was a great way to meet people and develope relationships with fellow couponers. People traded food, drinks, toys, diapers, coupons, laundry items, personal care items such as shampoo / conditioner / lotion/ etc, school supplies, fruits and veggies from their garden, etc. I got rid of some overstocked Kandoo baby wipes (free at Target with the pdf coupon), dog treats (we have no dog but they were overage at Target), Bounce dryer sheets (that were free at Target over the summer), and some other items. I came home with products that we use and need. It was a win-win!
My dream is find a Northern VA stockpile exchange. We don't have to meet at restaurant maybe meet at a non profit parking lot therefore any leftover stockpile can be easily donated. I think it would be great!!!


It is a great idea. I belong to a local Facebook yard sale page that I started for our small town, and sometimes sell or trade stockpile items there.
ReplyDeleteOh can you please let me know next time you have one. I would love to be involved and trade some items :-)
Delete