Sunday, January 11, 2015

HTSD Day 5

Truthfully, I really did not want to go out in this bitter cold but the applesauce and Ken's were too tempting.  Went back to Duke Street as I knew Woodbridge would be wiped out.  Upon checking out I learn that ALL catalina machines are out of service!!!

So the story goes:  I check out.  My cashier is, who according to the name tag had been an employee since 2007, did not know how to do a RC for my Sabra Humus.  Manger gets called over and manager does the RC and leaves.  Halfway through the scanning the Larabars get scanned and I remembered last night all the self checkout catalina machine were out of order so I inquired about this current cat machine.  This catalina machine was down too!!  Manager came over and was obviously stressed by the high volume of shoppers due to the incoming bad weather and super doubles because he said to me "M'am you really should have told the cashier you were going to expect a catalina?"
I had enough at this point.  In a calm tone but with a bitter biting under tone I respond, "Oh I am sorry.  I had realized it was my responsibility to inform the cashier that the full page 40 Bonus Box Top offer in your weekly ad was my responsibility,"
"M'am what full page box top ad?"  He then pull out the ad and says "There is nothing in here about a catalina."
I said "open it up" and I pointed to the color full page ad.  "Sir that full page Box Top ad.  The ad in which your company has a promotion for purchasing 8 products and receiving 40 Bonus Box Tops.  I would suspect a manager should know about the ad but then I guess that is my responsibility too."
Realizing he was looking like a fool he started back peddling and telling me I can call HT customer service when the machines are down....blah blah blah blah.
I finally cut him off.  "Sir, this will now be the 4th phone call this week that I need to make to HT customer service over this Box Top catalina.  This is 4th time that I need to take time out of my schedule, provide a boat load of information, and then wait for HT to resolve this issue.  As a customer I should not have to call HT customer service 4 times concerning a full page color ad promotion not working in this store.  Sir, not a single catalina machine in your store works.  Not a single one.  This means people are not getting their catalinas but it also means someone in your store is NOT doing their job by monitoring this issue." short pause "Sir you know you are right.  I certainly can call HT customer service about my catalina not printing and when I call I can tell them about this conservation.  Thank you sir...calling HT customer service is a really good idea."Next thing I knew I wisked off to some back room with a catalina machine where I was rung up and left with a 40 Bonus box top catalina.

Paid $12.35 - WAY TOO much but had zero energy to figure out on the spot what was wrong.  So I need to sit down and figure out what went wrong and then go back to the store. On the positive side, my family is really digging SD this time around.  I am purchasing things they LOVE.  While these items are not FREE they certainly are dirt cheap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment