Sunday, February 23, 2014

HTSD-Day 5

SD is going exactly as I like.  I like to be almost out of coupons by Sunday.  I ran out of coupons for Quilted Northern yesterday (boy did we hit the motherload of TP yesterday).  I ran out of Tidy Cats coupons today.  I completed my Savings Star items (Starkist, Dole, All Detergent, and others) by yesterday.  By yesterday I pretty much got all the items I wanted including hard to get items.   Barilla is probably the only item I would like to still find at this point.  SD requires a lot of planning and preparation but it is totally worth it for me and my family (and now my son's godfather and his elderly parents).  Time to go watch Season 2 of "House of Cards" and relax :-)

My son's godfather was our house guest for the weekend.  We woke up super early to go to two different HT stores.  Two  adults and 2 cards (his and mine).  Good News / Bad News
Bad News: Stores are still out of stock on the Barilla.  The Barilla I purchased earlier in the week is almost gone.  This is a very popular item in our house and something I really do not buy unless it is FREE.  It becomes almost like a race to get to them first around here.
Good News was everything I purchased today was totally FREE.
First store:   The first store over charged me by $20+ dollars!!!  The Tidy Cats were ringing up grossly incorrectly.    The store corrected my order by refunding me the price of the cat litter and giving me the cat litter for free.  However, somehow in the exchange I got $2.00 more than I paid.  When I pointed it that it was too much they told me it was okay and how sorry they were for the gross overcharge.  I did not feel bad because I discovered yesterday when I got home that I was overcharged for my Quaker eVic special Granola Bars yesterday - at the same store - so it was a technically a wash.  HT Customer Service almost always tries their best to fix the problem on the spot.  They really do have excellent customer service
Second Store:   My cashier recognized me right away as she normally manages the HT store near my work.  She said this store was short staffed so she was over at this store a couple days a week to fill in.  It was so nice to see her as she is a very friendly and super nice manager.  However as she rang up the South Beach bars, they were not ringing up the correct price or BOGO.  Deja Vous!  My cashier/Manager had to manually enter prices and coupons because of the glitch.  The manual entries with the coupons gave me some overage and my final cost $1.76.  I used the $2.00 from the first store to pay for this trip
End Result for 2 stores:  Everything was basically FREE
6 Tidy Cats
6 Little Debbie
3 South Beach
3 Old Spice
1 Small Fruit Tray snack

No comments:

Post a Comment