Tuesday, April 15, 2014

First $20 Holiday Promo Ticket

Cliff Notes: Paid Zero

Unabridged version: I got all these items in my cart; however, I miss calculated and my total was -.54 cents.  This negative number caused an immediate panic at Hateful Food Lion.  I felt like a shoplifter because every manager within a 100 mile radius swooped in within a seconds.  I told in rhetoric and in unison by the managers that Food Lion does not give money back.  I never asked for money back there was an automatic assumption.  Finally I was able to get a word in and I politely asked if I could get this 69cents Hershey candy bar located at the register check out so get the balance could get in the the positive.  I stood there for a few minutes while the managers discussed and agreed I could get one candy bar.  Unfortunately that request exasperated the situation and locked down the transaction.  Mangers were taking off and adding coupons left and right.  Going through my 2 bags as if they were searching for a bomb.  You see the picture...there is not a lot of anything to really look for.  after 30+ minutes I finally was able to get a word in and asked, "Can we just call this a wash...either with or without the candy bar, please?  After another long debate I was allowed to leave the store with everything in the cart plus the candy bar.  Holy Moly!  There is a good and valid reason I call this store "Hateful Food Lion."

2 comments:

  1. I hate when you work so hard to get the deals and then you end up in the negative and you feel like a robber! It is always hard when you get meat because it isn't like those are on sale for a certain price that you can add up before you get to the store. I always have a problem when they turn their own promotion into an issue! They should give out gift cards so it isn't so complicated to use. I hope that you don't have this problem for your other promotions! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete