Thursday, June 12, 2014

Teacher's Last Day of School Stockpile Gift

I got the "Enjoy Your Summer" idea 2-3 years ago after seeing some very cleaver teacher gifts posted on Pinterest.  I decided to combine my couponing and stockpile to make this year's teacher gift.  This is my version of the "Enjoy Your Summer" teacher gift. 


 What is included?
  • $25 Target Gift Card - FREE, I collect Gift Cards through out the year on MM items at Target
  • Beach Sandal Card - $1 at Target's Hot Spot last year
  • Insulated beach Tote - Regular $16.99 at CVS.  It was 90% off at CVS Summer Clearance Bag last year, Paid $1.70
  • Burts Bees Chapstick - Regular $3.49 at Harris Teeter.  Got it for 49 cents during SD
  • 2 pairs of Flip Flops - Reg $2.50 at Target.  I got it FREE last summer during a Target DD sale
  • Suave Lotion - Reg $3.99 - FREE during HTSD
  • Banana Boat Sunscreen - Reg $8.99 - FREE at Target last year
  • Canister of Wet Ones - Reg $2.34 - Paid 34 cents at Shop Rite
  • Package of Wet Ones - Reg 99cents - FREE at Target last year
  • Caress Body Wash - Reg $3.99 at HT - FREE during HTSD
  • Neutrogena sunblock - Reg $2.99 - FREE at CVS last summer
  • G2 Gatorade - grabbed from stockpile
  • Dasani bottled water - grabbed from stockpile
  • 2 bags of Pop Corner snacks - grabbed from stockpile
  • MIO water enhancer drops - grabbed from stockpile
  • Pumice Scrub - grabbed from stockpile
  • tissue paper - grabbed from stockpile
As you can see it does not have to break the bank to give a gift and show your appreciation.  It does; however, take planning and organization.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Those are the cutest bags and I am sure the teachers loved them. I am the class mom for my son's preschool and I had to do the gathering of money from the class and it almost kills me to go out and just get them a gift card (funny enough from Target) and I threw in some candles from my stockpile with fun summer scents so that I wouldn't have to pay as much out of pocket but we have 6 teachers to do it for and I have such a problem making equal gifts and using my stockpile. I can't wait for next year when I hope it won't be all the parents working together and I can do my own thing! These look awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree making the gifts equal can be problematic. But it sounds like you did a great job! :-)

      I feel you pain. Three years ago I went in on a group Mom gift to the teachers...it was the WORST! I swore I would never do that again.

      In this case the Mom group wanted to give each teacher (there were 6 teachers) a Starbucks gift card. I happened to have (6) $10 gift cards due to an earlier Groupon deal to start the ball rolling. We all signed cards and a SB gift card was placed in each envelope for the teacher.

      I was kinda excited and inquired as to how much we raised for the teachers and how much did each teacher get. I could never get a straight answer from the other Mom's (who by the way make way tons more money than I do). Finally 3 weeks after the fact I learned from one of the teachers that 12 Moms had given each of the 6 teachers a $15 Starbucks Gift card ....and $10 of it was mine!!! That was it for me on group gifts to teachers.

      Delete